05-19-2016 01:32 PM
632 ... 2223242526
tools
    The phone is about 2 months old. I make calls the old way, by dialing numbers or selecting a contact. When I make the calls, the other party hears me just fine. I have been fiddling with it for about 2 days, and I did reboot it, at least, I took the battery out and replaced it again. I haven't done a full factory reset. I hope to avoid that because of the hassles with replacing all the apps, data etc.
    I stumbled on to this when google search kept popping up and interfering with my other apps. It comes up with a microphone icon and a message to tap the mic and talk. When I did this, it didn't respond. I got the idea that I couldn't get google (voice) search to go away because the phone wasn't correctly set up for voice, and it kept trying to start & restart and it couldn't. I don't really care if voice search doesn't work, as long as it doesn't interfere with my other apps. The voice dialer just came up because it is voice activated as well , and I found that it didn't work either. So I thought it was a phone setting. But my ultimate goal is to make google (voice) search stop interfering with me. Can I switch gears and get on to that issue instead?
    01-02-2014 07:52 PM
    In what circumstance is Google Search popping up? Is there a search button you might be hitting by accident? Are you bringing up Google Now, which is usually activated by pressing and holding the Home button, then swiping up? Or does it seem totally random?
    01-02-2014 11:54 PM
    Hi all, first post here..

After using Android phones for 3 years now, I still haven't found a way around this:

Most of my apps have a text-entry screen or a numeric-entry screen. They're often lovely to look at, but (duh!) most do nothing else but sit there and act as a splash-screen and wait for me to tap in the text-entry field so as to open the keyboard. Each time. A hundred times a day.

Hardly any of my apps open the soft keyboard automatically when, frankly, there's nothing else that can be done on that screen view.

I cannot find any way to have keyboards open automatically when required. This seems so essential I'm quite sure I've missed some basic setting!

(Using Galaxy SIII, Cyanogenmod 10.3, PimpMyRom, none of these will do the trick).
    01-08-2014 05:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I believe that's by design, since it's usually more beneficial to be able to see an overview of the screen first, without the keyboard immediately popping up and obscuring half the screen. Once the user is ready to enter characters into a field, he or she can tap that field to bring up the keyboard.
    01-08-2014 10:57 PM
    Need help with centura. Slow and can not playyoutube

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
    01-16-2014 09:19 AM
    Need help with centura. Slow and can not playyoutube

01-16-2014 09:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try posting your question here instead: General Help and How To - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. You'll get more traffic than on this particular thread.

Have you tried rebooting the phone? That can often clear out some junk that might be slowing things down.
    01-16-2014 05:47 PM
    moved
    01-19-2014 05:25 AM
    my sim card is not supported by my phone. what can i do?
    01-29-2014 11:03 PM
    my sim card is not supported by my phone. what can i do?
    Welcome to Android Central! Several questions:

1. What phone do you have, is it new, and where did you get it?
    2. Where did you get the SIM, and what wireless provider are you using?
    3. Can you talk to your wireless provider and ask them for a new or compatible SIM?
    01-30-2014 12:35 AM
    simple mobile on at&t note 2........ Am new to to anything android.I bought an at&t note 2,got it unlocked.I checked and it was jelly bean 4.1.1.i watched a video on you tube on how to update.i went to setting-software update but it cant update.Again downloaded kies but nothing comes up like update or something.
    Please help me.tanx
    01-30-2014 10:15 AM
    Hey guys. I need help for samsung galaxy s4. When someone is calling me there is not slide just tapping for answer i want slide and i can't get it. I know that there is options accesebility and then answering ending calls but there isnot any option to disable this **** and under accesebility isnot easy touch mode i think it's bug or something like that help me please send me pm.
    02-06-2014 04:41 PM
    Hey guys. I need help for samsung galaxy s4. When someone is calling me there is not slide just tapping for answer i want slide and i can't get it. I know that there is options accesebility and then answering ending calls but there isnot any option to disable this **** and under accesebility isnot easy touch mode i think it's bug or something like that help me please send me pm.
    Welcome to Android Central! Post your question in one of these forums: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. You'll get a better response.

- - - Updated - - -

simple mobile on at&t note 2........ Am new to to anything android.I bought an at&t note 2,got it unlocked.I checked and it was jelly bean 4.1.1.i watched a video on you tube on how to update.i went to setting-software update but it cant update.Again downloaded kies but nothing comes up like update or something.
    Please help me.tanx
    Welcome to Android Central! If you haven't done so already, post your question here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/
    02-06-2014 05:21 PM
    Cutting and pasting in a gmail app (any gmail app aside from the web browser) doesn't work when forwarding an email on the Nexus 5 or the Moto X - unless I hit "Respond Inline" which removes formatting. Apparently this worked on older android operating systems. Any ideas???

Thanks -

Steve
    02-10-2014 09:36 AM
    nice!
    02-12-2014 08:40 PM
    I have a question, don't want to make a thread: how well do Android and OS X get along? I'm getting an iMac soon along with an Android phone and two Android tablets. Will I be able to sync, backup etc. my devices via an OS X program?
    02-14-2014 10:23 AM
    I have a question, don't want to make a thread: how well do Android and OS X get along? I'm getting an iMac soon along with an Android phone and two Android tablets. Will I be able to sync, backup etc. my devices via an OS X program?
    Hi, I don't have an answer, but I would suggest creating a new thread with this question. If you add a question to this mammoth thread, it will be more likely to get buried among all of the other different questions.
    02-14-2014 10:48 AM
    Keyboard Basics
    The spell checker suggests corrections as you type. Keyboards like SwiftKey suggest the next word.
    Calibrate your onscreen keyboard: Tap Menu Settings Language & keyboard Touch input Text input Calibration tool
    Tap the Space key twice to add a period after a word and capitalize the next letter typed in most keyboards.
    The keyboard should come up automatically when you tap into a text input area on screen.
    Holding down the menu key will bring up your keyboard.

Good Vibrations Are Bad For Batteries
    By default, many Android phones vibrate giving "haptic feedback" as you type. This is one of the tips to help save your battery life:
    Menu Settings Language & keyboard Touch input Text input Vibrate when typing OFF
    From these menus you can also set keyclick sounds, spell correction, and more.

Changing Keyboards
    AppBrain has 750 listings for "keyboard" in almost every flavor and language. Different keyboards may be better for different tasks and you can have several installed. Also see Android Central's Keyboard Roundup and Android 101: How to change keyboards. If your phone is sluggish after changing keyboards, reboot: Press and hold the power button, tap Power off, then turn it back on.

Setup Keyboards
    You must enable each keyboard you install: Tap Home Menu Settings Keyboard & Language and then check each keyboard. To change keyboards as you type: Long-press in the text area, tap Input method then the keyboard you want to use. Here is a video. This is also where you can change the settings for the keyboard.

SwiftKey
    Android Market Rating: 4.55
    Remainder of Word Predictions: YES
    Next Word Prediction: YES
    Speech to Text: YES
    Predictions keep improving: YES

Physical keyboards help you type more. Predictive keyboards like SwiftKey help you type less. They learn how you think and suggest words you will most likely say next. Voice Actions trys to prevent typing.
    What's faster than typing? Not typing. SwiftKey predicts your next word before you even start to type it.
    It learns how you think making better suggestions all the time, sometimes better than the word than you were thinking.
    It may be illegal for you to text while driving. SwiftKey also offers speech to text so you can talk instead of typing. $4. Free trial.

SwiftKey Settings: Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Language & keyboard > SwiftKey X
    Advanced > Spacebar will...: "Always insert a space" gives 3 real predictions. Warning: Defaults to Insert a prediction.
    Advanced > Keyboard feedback: To customize keypress vibrations.
    Advanced > Quick ".": If on, press space twice to get a period. You probably want this off.
    Theme > Theme: To select Light, Dark, or Neon Theme.
    Theme > Arrow keys: To add arrow keys to the keyboard.

Swype
    Android Market Rating: Not in the market.
    Next Word Prediction: NO

With Swype you don't type. You swipe your finger over the keys instead of tapping them. How good is Swype? Swype set the world texting speed record.

Swype is not available at this time except on certain phones like the Droid X, Epic, and Touch 3G.

A secret to Swype is that it is an excellent keyboard for regualr typing too with great predictions as shown above.

Tap the blue arrow for another set of predicted words. Speech to Text is very good.

Better Keyboard
    Android Market Rating: 4.13

Better Keyboard is a great keyboard for a new user because it can show where you tapped as blue dots on the keys.

• Your accuracy will improve quickly.

Better Keyboard offers multiple languages and is customizable.

Better Keyboard gives you many predictions with even more by pressing the ► button (in orange above).

Predictions are only for the remainder of the word, not the next word. $3. No free trial.

ThickButtons
    Android Market Rating: 3.64

ThickButtons looks like a normal keyboard until you start typing.

The keys most likely to come next become thicker and word predictions appear.

Press the ► button (in orange above) to see more predictions.

Note that predicted words are only shown once you start typing the word.

Speech recognition is very good. Free.

[Right]If this helped you, please click ↓http://forum.androidcentral.com/atta...achmentid=4303
    OMG thank you so much this was very helpful! =]
    03-10-2014 04:12 PM
    I've got a Galaxy s4 and since I've updated to KitKat my volume for notifications and calls keeps resetting to max by itself. I will set it at the lowest setting and it will stay that way for maybe one or 2 texts and then the next one will come through full volume. Any ideas on fixing this? Thanks.
    03-25-2014 11:07 AM
    I have a Galaxy note 3 and when I was trying to attach an image from my phone via text messaging, I accidentally chose the "always" option for things to be attached from my google drive. How do I undo this?
    03-30-2014 09:30 PM
    I have a Galaxy note 3 and when I was trying to attach an image from my phone via text messaging, I accidentally chose the "always" option for things to be attached from my google drive. How do I undo this?
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to your App Manager, select Google Drive, and tap Clear Defaults.
    03-30-2014 10:43 PM
    Hi All,

I am using Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and every time I am installing the game and trying to open it, there is an error pop up stating that 'unfortunately (name of the game) has stopped'.
    Please help me in sorting this issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you! My email address is forever.faizan91@gmail.com.

Regards,
    Faizan
    04-01-2014 11:25 AM
    how do i post a thread to this forum?
    04-01-2014 02:13 PM
    Hi All,

I am using Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and every time I am installing the game and trying to open it, there is an error pop up stating that 'unfortunately (name of the game) has stopped'.
    Please help me in sorting this issue. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you! My email address is forever.faizan91@gmail.com.

Regards,
    Faizan
    Welcome to Android Central! What game are you trying to play, and from where did you install it? If you installed it from somewhere besides a well-established app store like Google Play or Amazon Appstore, it's possible the game isn't actually compatible with your device. Google Play or Amazon won't even let you install an incompatible app, but other sources might let you.
    04-01-2014 02:26 PM
    how do i post a thread to this forum?
    Welcome to Android Central! It's best not to post in this particular thread, because it's enormous, and anything you post will have more chance of being lost in the shuffle. Just go to the subforum where you want to post, and click or tap on the Post New Thread button. It also depends on what you're using to post--are you on the website, the Android Central app (the one with news, videos, reviews, etc.), or the Tapatalk-based Android Central Forums app?
    04-01-2014 02:28 PM
632 ... 2223242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD