So I have an upgrade available right now and I'm trying to decide what phone to get. I currently have an iPhone 4S (this thread is not for bashing apple), and before that I had the Samsung Galaxy Epic. I'm on sprint and was considering the Note 3 but at $300 I'm not quite sure I want to drop that much. The only demo units my sprint store has are iPhones and HTC Ones. My main concern is lag, I haven't used Android in a few years and the last time was with my SGE and even when it was rooted I experienced tons of lag and force closings. My question is what Android phone/s currently have the least amount of lag or even no lag at all? That's the one thing keeping me on iOS, the smoothness of everything. I have no problem at all with Android, I just didn't like the lag on the older devices. I roam around here quite often and see that people are having better experiences with the Android OS but I am still concerned about the lag. Any suggestions or insight would be great. I have no problem with screen size so going from the tiny 3.5 inch screen to something over 5 wouldn't be a problem for me. I just want a device that runs smooth and will continue to run smooth until my next upgrade cycle. Remember I'm on Sprint, and the only reason I won't switch is because the area I'm in and areas I travel to often have great service and because I get a larger discount through my mothers work. Thanks in advance. Oh, and feel free to put this thread somewhere else in case I posted it in the wrong section.
    09-24-2013 04:11 PM
    I think you'd be quite safe, quite happy, and quite lag free on any of today's premium phones. The HTC One and LG G2 in particular.
    09-24-2013 04:28 PM
    i have a big comparable discount with Sprint but i'm leaving them as soon as the Nexus 5 drops and switching to AT&T GoPhone no contract plan. Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB LTE Data for $60/Month. you can buy another 1GB of data each month as needed for $10. i like this plan, i like this price (it's less than Sprint even after discounts), and i'm confident that AT&T has good nationwide coverage. i like the freedom a GSM carrier offers with plug and play SIM cards and ability to BYOD - and a pure Android Nexus direct from Google. also i'm tired of the chains of contracts.

i would wait to see wait the Nexus 5 offers - it may even be compatible with Sprint.

just something to consider.

Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T
    09-24-2013 04:28 PM
    I've read many reviews and posts about how smooth and lag-free the Moto X and the new Droids are, thanks to the X8 processor architecture. Worth checking out (well, the X, at least, since the Droids are exclusive to Verizon).
    09-24-2013 04:46 PM