Is there any 16:9 screen android phone?

fry35

Jan 25, 2024
Visit site
I'm currently using a Pixel 8 Pro and it's way too narrow for me, I have big hands and it's hard for me to type on such a narrow phone. I miss the days of big, wide phones like the Nexus 6, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 6 Plus, etc. I really don't understand why they are making phones narrower and narrower, it's a phone not a tv remote, 16:9 was perfect in my opinion. Does anyone know of any modern android phones released these past couple years that have a 16:9 aspect ratio?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I miss the 16:9 aspect ratio myself... but it seems tall and thin is now in. I don't think any of the mainstream Android brands do 16:9 anymore unfortunately ☹️

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You could look at something like a Pixel Fold or OnePlus open... You may not want a folding phone, but it's the only way you're gonna get near that kinda ratio.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid 16:9 has gone the way of the SD card slot, 3.5mm aux port, notch/punch hole free displays, removable batteries, and other useful features. Welcome to the world of Googlesun, where every phone is a cookie cutter design and innovation means taking one step forward and two or three steps back.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid 16:9 has gone the way of the SD card slot, 3.5mm aux port, notch/punch hole free displays, removable batteries, and other useful features. Welcome to the world of Googlesun, where every phone is a cookie cutter design and innovation means taking one step forward and two or three steps back.
You forgot the I.R. Blaster!!!!

• Haha

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, it's really Apple setting the standard, and everyone else following that lead. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos