Android kitkat 4.4 problems using google account and google imap for email

Xavier Miro

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I setup my google account without any problem. I could check my google email through the gmail client and synchronize all other google services.
Then, I setup the general email client to my exchange corporate email and thought it would be nice to have my gmail email also in the same place. When performing setup I let the system do it automatically, but it created an IMAP account for this client.
Now I can not find a way to delete this account, neither to change it to use my google account instead.
Moreover, now my IMAP google account synchronizes well, but my google account gives me a synchronization problem.
Can someone indicate how to delete the IMAP account?

Thanks

Xavier Miro

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, turns out I just found the solution myself just now. I am reporting the solution in case someone else finds it useful.
Go to settings and click on the google IMAP account. Inside you should click on top of the area where it says when was it last synched, which will take you to a second screen which is almost similar to the first one (this is what does not make sense to me, but o well...). In this second account, when clicking on the vertical dots in the top-right there is an option to delete the account!

Cristian Bell

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I added an IMAP account twice - once using the auto config, and once manually, since I expected I'd be able to select which IMAP accounts I want to be syncronizes.. not the case.

The latter one needed to go away, and after a few clicks I found the "remove account" by myself, deleted tha account, and everything should've been ok. But the account is still in the e-mail sidebar..
in Email sidebar the freenet account still exists twice: Screenshot_2014-01-16-20-37-38.png
and in the Settings\Acounts\IMAP there is only 1 freenet acount left.. Screenshot_2014-01-16-20-38-07.png

:(

I can wipe data but I'd rather have a more elegant solution..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance