MOTO X cyber monday. Which carrier to choose?!

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
hey i live in india and i am thinking of asking my cousin to bring one moto x for me from this cyber monday's deal wherin i can get a moto x for 350$.
i did my research and it states that the moto x i get will be contract free but carrier bound.
since i want to use this phone in india i wanted to know which carrier's GSM moto x shall i opt for which doesnt leave me in unlocking hassles.

Thanks

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
hey i live in india and i am thinking of asking my cousin to bring one moto x for me from this cyber monday's deal wherin i can get a moto x for 350$.
i did my research and it states that the moto x i get will be contract free but carrier bound.
since i want to use this phone in india i wanted to know which carrier's GSM moto x shall i opt for which doesnt leave me in unlocking hassles.

Thanks

The T-Mobile version comes sim unlocked with no carrier branding or apps, definitely your best option. It also has the option to unlock the bootloader whereas AT&T's version is locked down.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's best to check which frequencies your networks support and go from there. This way you get something that will work, or at least work with the carrier you want to sign up with.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
what is the difference between sim unlocked and sim locked?. does that mean i just have to insert my local sim and im good to go?
The T-Mobile version comes sim unlocked with no carrier branding or apps, definitely your best option. It also has the option to unlock the bootloader whereas AT&T's version is locked down.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
what is the difference between sim unlocked and sim locked?. does that mean i just have to insert my local sim and im good to go?

Correct. With the sim locked(AT&T) version, you have to get the phone unlocked through a 3rd party before you can use your sim in it. Plus it has the AT&T logo on the back and a couple of AT&T apps on the device, who wants that? lol

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a few sites that list them. Look the phone up in GSMArena and you'll find the frequencies. Then check locally to see which frequencies the carrier you chose uses.

BTW, the FIRST thing you do is determine which carrier has good coverage in the areas in which you need coverage. The best phone in the world, in an area in which its carrier has no coverage, is less useful than a good solid rock. Carrier first, THEN phone. That applies in the US, in India and, when we have cell towers there, on the moon.

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hhaha absolutely man. i also extensively digged the xda developers website and they are of the same opinion that i shall go for Tmo variant as it is sim unlocked!
Correct. With the sim locked(AT&T) version, you have to get the phone unlocked through a 3rd party before you can use your sim in it. Plus it has the AT&T logo on the back and a couple of AT&T apps on the device, who wants that? lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo