email from computer and phone

katattackk

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
alright so i couldnt find the answer to this and im going to try to explain it as best as i can. i have a motorola cliq, and i was wondering if theres a way to set it up so that when i read an email on the computer, it marks it as read on the phone as well. because right now its kind of frustrating to read my email on the computer, and then its still new on my phone so i have to reread it again.

EVOlved Geek

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
To try and answer this requires a little more detail:

Are you talking about Gmail?

Work email? If so, is it accessed via an Exchange Server from your phone over the internet? Or do you do it via syncing your phone directly to your PC?

Other email? (such as Yahoo, MSN, etc) If so, do you have it set up as POP or IMAP?

katattackk

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
To try and answer this requires a little more detail:

Are you talking about Gmail?

Work email? If so, is it accessed via an Exchange Server from your phone over the internet? Or do you do it via syncing your phone directly to your PC?

Other email? (such as Yahoo, MSN, etc) If so, do you have it set up as POP or IMAP?

i have hotmail on there. i think its POP. im not sure, when i set it up it just asked for my email and password.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hotmail is POP3, there is no IMAP option yet. That is what will let you do that.

What I did is consolidated all 4 of my email addresses (Hotmail, Yahoo, work and Gmail) into my Gmail inbox. You can set up POP3 access to you Hotmail account from Gmail Settings. It won't mark the email read in you Hotmail inbox, but it will in you Gmail inbox. It's not perfect, but it works. You can set it to pull the email from Hotmail and delete it from the Hotmail server. It will stay in your Gmail inbox and if you don anything to it on your phone, it will do the same in your Gmail inbox including folders, delete or mark read.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Hotmail is POP3, there is no IMAP option yet.
IIRC it does support ActiveSync now.

alright so i couldnt find the answer to this and im going to try to explain it as best as i can. i have a motorola cliq, and i was wondering if theres a way to set it up so that when i read an email on the computer, it marks it as read on the phone as well.
As stated above, it depends on the email account. It's not possible with a POP3 account or an email account accessed via POP3.