"You don't have any devices"

zagyzebra

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have tried every which way I can think of to download an app from Google Play, but each time I try, I get the "You don't have any devices" message. I don't understand why. I have deleted my Gmail account and input a new one and made sure that the gmail account at Google Play matches the one on my phone. I have attempted to download a Google Play app onto my phone, but couldn't find one. I've checked android central.com's threads with instructions on how to overcome this problem -- which involved following a link to the registration for this site, and rooting. Don't really want to attempt rooting because I'm no technogeek. And what good will a registration link do me? I've checked Google Play's list of compatible devices (mine is on the list). I'm able to use the ancient "Market," but it doesn't even have Instagram.

I've got about 5 more months on this Samsung Galaxy SCH-1500 before I ditch it for a new iPhone or android. In the meantime, can anyone help me with simple, easy-to-understand instructions for how to get around this "You don't have any devices" message? Or just tell me there isn't a way to do it with my old phone (despite the fact that my phone is supposedly compatible with Google Play)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can download the current Google Play Store 4.5.10 apk here: com.android.vending-4.5.10.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device. This link is provded by AndroidPolice.com, which is a legit site, so I don't think you need to worry about malware. Hopefully that will help. If not, you might consider a full factory data reset, and make sure you sign in initially with your main Gmail account.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you waiting ten seconds until the download button appears? It's a circular button with an arrow on it, NOT a button that has the word Download on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty