Help understanding where files are

zedmo

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
So I use an app on my phone which registers usage for other apps. When I've completed terms they pay me via PayPal, and the thing is the first month of the app pays the best, then it slowly grinds to a crawl. That said, I've developed a work around. That being factory resetting my phone, but at this point I don't wish to do so.

My question is where are these hidden files that apps keep on your phone despite uninstalling them, as apparently there must be residual files left over as without factory resetting my phone, the apps recognize my account regardless of what I'm signed into or not. An example I can give is Dice Dreams, if you play as guest and link it to a Google account, even if you uninstall it and change Google Accounts (Which shouldn't mean anything playing as guest) it recognizes the last saved file. But a factory reset does allow me to start anew, so I know there is a place I'm missing in my files that could make my life easier.

Any help is appreciated VidMate

Last edited:

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
You need to do this to correctly erase everything for each app.
Go to settings apps, storage and cache,
Clear cache, clear data, then choose uninstall...
This essentially removes all traces of the app without having to do a factory reset.

Reactions: Sizzers

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Plus wipe the cache partition.

The method will vary depending on your phone but if you Google, "[phone name] wipe cache partition", you should find the details there. This doesn't delete your data etc but clears any residual files left on your phone.

I also force stop the app before clearing the data etc and then uninstall it.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Which device are you using?
Settings>internal storage and check any files left there by the app or in your file manager if not in settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter