RoyalStar 5S - Black screen

DominikPechac

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i'm from czech and i bough RoyalStar 5S. It shows only black screen so they give me back 28$ (it cost 55$) and they don't want to send the phone back. Is there any solution to repair it? I think can flash ROM by USB, but i don't know what ROM i have to select.
There's some spec.

OS Android 4.1
CPU MTK6517, Cortex A9 dual core, 1.0GHz;
GPU: PowerVR SGX 531

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
i'm from czech and i bough RoyalStar 5S. It shows only black screen so they give me back 28$ (it cost 55$) and they don't want to send the phone back. Is there any solution to repair it? I think can flash ROM by USB, but i don't know what ROM i have to select.
There's some spec.

OS Android 4.1
CPU MTK6517, Cortex A9 dual core, 1.0GHz;
GPU: PowerVR SGX 531

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.
I looked at a couple ROM sites, like Cyanogen, and couldn't find anything, myself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does anything show up on the screen at all? I wonder if it's a hardware problem--maybe a bad screen or backlight. If you're pretty good at it, you could try taking the phone apart and seeing if there are any loose connections. You could also look into replacement parts.

DominikPechac

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I take a look inside the phone - there was problem with LCD connecotr, it wasn't inserted good. So i repair it, now i can see black screen with backlight on. Also vibrations work. So i don't know. I will ask manufacturer for ROM... It's not my primary phone, i'm using Zopo C7, so this is rather of interest. Thank you for answers.

DominikPechac

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes, its blank. Because i did dropshipping from pandawill to my customer, he said the phone working and then this. So i must take phone back.

Posted via Android Central App

Kwame Agyeman

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same phone working but with a cracked screen and I am buying something else, so if you would like to have mine to fix yours, just let me know. I live in the CR too

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same phone working but with a cracked screen and I am buying something else, so if you would like to have mine to fix yours, just let me know. I live in the CR too

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for offering to help out that way!