Help! Galaxy Note 10.1 Connecting to Tv with Wired Adapter

Curtis08

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased an RCA audio/video adapter for my Galaxy Note 10.1, but I can't get the video to work. The audio comes through to the TV, but nothing on the video. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in the tablet? I hope to use it for slideshows on projectors as well as videos. The cable was purchased on Ebay as a genuine Samsung cable in new condition. Thank you for the help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That would have to be plugged into your Composite and audio inputs on the TV. Are you sure you get the plugs in the right places? The fact that a plug fits a jack soesn't mean that it's in the rght jack. All RGB and composite connections use the same connectors, but they can't be interchanged.

You're getting audio, so the red (right) and white(left) cables seem to be plugged into the correct jacks. Is the yellow plug plugged into the composite video jack? And is the TV Source set to Composite Video?

Curtis08

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have tried both the composite and the RGB on two separate TVs. It seems to be either the cable or the tablet. I'm wondering if my tablet even supports video output, but I haven't been able to find any documentation one way or the other.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It most likely doesn't support composite video - that's about 1946 technology. TV sets support it because the circuitry is already there, so all it costs is a 3 cent jack and about 0.01 cents of labor. Try MHL - you can probably find a decent adapter for about $10-$30 on Amazon. (An HDMI cable will cost you another $2-$5.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A