Help! Monster M7 Storage Issue

Ragaboo

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
So, I bought a Here's what the tablet's storage on the main drive looks like.

The too-small-to-see stuff is apps like Google Earth, Google Play Newstand, Maps, YouTube, Twitter, Play Store, Gmail, etc. Nothing I can move or delete.

It's running Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's the unfortunate disadvantage of devices with little internal storage. The only way for you to free up more storage would be to root your device and delete some of the unneeded bloatware (but this can also cause big problems if you inadvertently delete something that's important).

Review this guide and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Posted via Android Central App

viper1025

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Actually it is an excellent Android Tablet with 1 g memory and 16 g room. Also Sd card slot for data storage. I too am having memory errors at the moment. Because apps are in the memory area. Need to move over to the 16 gig area to get room back in memory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The problem is how the internal storage is partitioned, as described in my previous post. If the device allows you to move an app to the internal SD partition, then it's usually only a portion of the app that can be moved. And not all apps have the ability to be moved either. So the app storage partition can still get filled up fairly quickly.

Ms Amethyst

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, did you do the update for the tablet where it increased the internal memory? Just follow the instructions on the the official FAQ on the monster tablet website, it worked for me increased the internal memory to about 13 GB.

GVanderGraff

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, did you do the update for the tablet where it increased the internal memory? Just follow the instructions on the the official FAQ on the monster tablet website, it worked for me increased the internal memory to about 13 GB.

I did that update and now all I have is the damned 1gb of internal and the internal SD, the other 12+ gigs, isn't anywhere to be found at all. UGGGHHH!! This is driving me nuts looking for a fix, too. I am going to re-download that update and try again, but if that doesn't work I have no idea what to try to get that memory back.

GVanderGraff

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
So I did put the Monster update in it again. And this time it worked out great. 13.05 gigabytes in its internal storage now.

There could've been two different issues causing my grief. I first tried the update with the package in the internal memory. That may have wiped the partition out I suppose. Then when I tried again I got a message of "damaged storage" after my attempt, which also ended in no memory. But with a fresh, new 4gb SD I got it the update installed and all working well.

So learn from mistakes, folks! LOL

Now I can say that I am pleased as hell with this tablet. It's really a nice unit after taking care of the memory issue (thanks to Monster actually releasing a fix for that). It's responsive, well built, the screen is hi-rez and clear/bright and it's just an all around decent performer. Now to get it rooted to eliminate the bloatware in the sucker (and there's quite a bit of that unfortunately). Off to find a rooting method that works on this thing.

GVanderGraff

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I did get this sucker rooted. So between the update eliminating that stupid partition and me rooting it so I could remove about 500mb of garbage bloatware I am very, very pleased with this device. It's running faster than ever and boots in half the time it did before.

Do a seartch for "iRoot download" and you'll find the tool I used. I did have to remove a few included Asian language apps afterward, but it's working as planned.

GVanderGraff

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Almost a week later and it's running like a champ. Not a single issue of any sort. Performs great.

AnTuTu benchmark after rooting, adding the updated firmware with memory fix and removing all bloatware (and disabling a lot of background processes) was a mere 17392. But not bad for the price point and the fact you can pick one up now for nearly nothing.

Last edited: