Save data by disabling an app??

lisa 200

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have an LG Optimus Showtime (android vers 4.0.4). Im wondering if there is a way to disable data use by a single app? I uninstalled Flickr app because it used up so much data. I would like to re install it again but only if there is a way to disable data when Im not using it. The only thing I see is to go into system settings, data usage, and then either go to a specific app and Restrict background data or Turn Off mobile data. The past few weeks I have been turning off mobile data when not using. I have went into some of my apps settings and unchecked notifications, etc., but that doesnt seem to really save data. I would appreciate any help. Thank You in advance. Have a good day.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Asking the obvious but have you turned off auto sync in Flickr as well?

And how much data is it actually using?

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you want to turn off data altogether when you're not using it, or just turn it off for a single app.

If the first one, there's a free widget called Data ON OFF at Play. Press it and it changes the state of your mobile data on-off-on-off, etc. When data is off, the icon is dimmed, so you can tell at glance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In the Flickr app, open the menu, and see if there are any settings for data refresh or sync, as suggested above. Apps often give you the option to select the refresh interval, or make it a manual refresh only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss