Is there a consistent way to get bookmarks on my mobile browser?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Question about browser bookmarks

Dumb question number 6999:

I have 3 different browsers on my phone. No matter which browser I use it seems to have to fight with it to find the bookmarks.

Is there a simple, hopefully consistent way to get to the bookmarks in mobile browsers?

Notes from Deb's Note 3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Browser bookmarks

It will always depend on the browser. Chrome is fairly straightforward. Tap the Menu button, then Bookmarks.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Browser bookmarks

If the bookmarks are the same for every browser, you can add those bookmarks to your home screen. When you tap it, you should be prompted which browser to use, regardless of which browser it came from. If you have a lot, put them on your home screen, then long press one so you can move it around. Move it to the same space as another, and it'll make a folder with both in there. Do the same with all bookmarks, and now you have one folder icon on your home screen with access to every bookmark you want and able to select whichever browser at will.

If it's not asking you which browser to use and always defaults to a specific one with this method, then you must have set one as a default for URL's at some point. That means you need to go into the app settings for the browser and clear the defaults. This will require anything that could be opened via a browser to re-prompt you which to use. Only from now on, make sure you select "just once," or whatever equivalent your device might show so that it doesn't set a default and will keep asking every time you tap the bookmark.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch