Green Screen on Note 3

Sasha Danielle

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.

The screen on my Note 3 has started turning green. It started in one corner and has been spreading for a week. It is not solid green, but a dark green hue--darkest at the point of origin in the bottom left corner. This was possibly triggered by a drop, but I'm not completely sure. The glass is fine. There are no cracks or anything like that. The phone, including touchscreen, is completely functional. The only problem is the green hue. Is this a problem with the digitizer or the screen? I mean, do I need to have the digitizer replaced or just the glass?

Any help would be fantastic.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.

The screen on my Note 3 has started turning green. It started in one corner and has been spreading for a week. It is not solid green, but a dark green hue--darkest at the point of origin in the bottom left corner. This was possibly triggered by a drop, but I'm not completely sure. The glass is fine. There are no cracks or anything like that. The phone, including touchscreen, is completely functional. The only problem is the green hue. Is this a problem with the digitizer or the screen? I mean, do I need to have the digitizer replaced or just the glass?

Any help would be fantastic.

The screen it seems :( since the glass is just glass.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to get the LCD panel replaced. (The screen has 4 panels - , from inside out, they're an LED panel that produces light, an LCD panel that selectively blocks that light, a touch panel and a glass sheet.)

Considering the labor in taking off the glass and touchscreen to replace the LCD panel, it would be a lot cheaper to have the entire screen replaced.