Questions/advice on trade in F5 for S24

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
My son wants to trade in his F5 for an S24 but yesterday a green line appeared across his screen out of the blue. Phone is completely usable except the annoying green line. It should be covered under warranty as the phone is in perfect condition except for that green line. It appears that it might be a software or screen digitizer problem???

Questions: as a trade-in with Samsung, would they consider this a damaged phone or would he get full trade-in value? Or would that be too risky to even try? This would definitely be the much easier option.

Or should he get the phone fixed or replaced first under the warranty before trying to trade it in?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
With all the stories with trade in issues that have been posted with samsung purchases around this forum I would not use the trade-in with a faulty screen.. I would first check what they tell you for coverage on the fix...

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and order the phone then when the s24 gets there you can take your flip to get fixed. Should be covered. Once it's fixed, send it in. Do you live near an ubreakifix?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Get it repaired under warranty and should be ok. If you trade in a phone with Samsung or carrier all they care about is that if it looks and functions in perfect condition they are ok.

I had a Note 20. Screen went bad. I went to UBreak and paid for the screen replacement but they botched the replacement, scratched the read glass and denied blame. I complained as high as corp and they refunded the cost of the screen and comped the replacement of the screen and new rear. Front screen includes the entire assemble including frame so I basically got new front and back.

Traded it in with Samsung got my $1000 trade-in for an S22U. It was in excellent/perfect condition whatever you choose when you are submitting your phone for trade and it was. No need to tell them what was done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail