What will happen if I press Clear Data under Storage?

Strigoid

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Google+ App 3GB+ Data Storage

Hello,

When I look at Google+ in App info I see that the app is using total storage of over 3gb. My device is a Nexus 4. I have the device set to upload photos etc to the cloud.

I am wondering what will happen if I press Clear Data under Storage?

Is this advisable to free up space? Or should i just leave it alone altogether? I dont know if this will only remove photos etc off the device or am I deleting them altogether.

Thanks for any advice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google+ App 3GB+ Data Storage

Whatever you delete from Google+ via the Application Manager will only delete data from your device. I'm not sure, but I don't think the uploaded photos show up as used up space for the Google+ app. Might just be cache or something.

Strigoid

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google+ App 3GB+ Data Storage

Thanks SD,

I think I'll wait until I am certain, as when I select Clear data I receive a warning that all the apps data will be deleted incl files, settings, accounts, databases etc.

As Google+ seems fairly integral to the phone and given that warning I'm worried it might do more than I bargain for.

I'm still unsure why it would have such a large amount of data associated with it.

Thanks.

soniv

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem with Google+ on my Nexus 4. It was using close to 2 GB of storage. I had ran out of storage space and so I went ahead & hit 'Clear Data'. The photos on my phone are intact. I had Auto backup 'on' for all photos in my phone. I guess that was responsible for the large amount of data. I guess now it has re-initialized everything. Currently, I have turned off the Auto Backup for photos.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeba