How do I delete a second wifi user name off of my router?

Kimberly Guns

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
my router has been reconfigured

A guest came over with their laptop and tried to content to my WiFi but they accidentally created a new WiFi and the new one is asking for a password but a password was never created and the original was says its not in range

Last edited:

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Accidently created a new wifi and now that one or the old one wont work

I don't understand what you mean by new Wi-Fi. They reconfigured your router?

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: my router has been reconfigured

Does the router have a new name? If so, you can't connect to the old name because it no longer exists. Try using your old password for the password prompt.

Kimberly Guns

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Yes there is a new name but the old one still shows up too it just says its not in range. There was no password for the old one

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

It depends on the router, but 30-30-30 usually resets it. Press the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds. (Use the timer on your phone.) While still holding the reset button, pull the power plug out of it. Wait another 30 seconds. Plug the power in (while still holding the reset button in) and wait another 30 seconds. Let go of the reset button and wait about 2 minutes, then connect to the router the way you did when it was new - it will have the new router name and the new router password. (See the manual if you forgot them.) Set the account(s) up the way you like at that point.