Dropped phone, cracked and broke screen but actual phone still works?

cymart

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So after school today I was messing around with one of my friends and my galaxy s3 fell out my back pocket onto sidewalk floor. I didn't notice until my friend picked it up and gave it to me. The top part of the screen was cracked and the phone wouldn't turn on. I took the battery out and put it back in and the phone showed the blue LED light signaling that the phone was turning on but the screen was still black. So I kept re taking the battery out and eventually the screen came on but most of it was a dark blue/black color and there was a corner of just light blue and it showed my lock screen but wouldn't work when I touched it. My phone was at vibrate at the time so if I got a text or phone call it would vibrate and i could see about 1/4 of the screen but i couldn't answer the phone call. A couple hours later the screen is getting darker and darker to where my lock screen is basically black. Is my phone ruined for good?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The screen is ruined, but it sounds like the rest of the phone may be working ok. If you want to keep using that phone, you'd have to replace the screen, which is a pretty common job for a cellphone repair shop.