When I connect my Galaxy S4 to my Macbook Pro via USB iPhoto, why do I have so many unwanted PNG files?

mgme

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 to Macbook Pro via USB iPhoto unwanted PNG files

Everytime I connect my S4 to my MB Pro to transfer photo's there are over 1800 images most of them are just a file box illustration with PNG in the middle, the rest are various pictures from websites visited and there are no more than 30 actually useful pictures taken with the phone, and it takes a long time to load them before you can transfer the ones you want. Is this a common problem? Many thanks in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 to Macbook Pro via USB iPhoto unwanted PNG files

It is if you have a sync program that you're telling to sync all the pictures on the phone. It's not if you copy the ones you want by hand. "All" doesn't mean "all th ones I want", it means "all", and a computer connected to the web caches tons of little pictures. Every time you go to a site you're caching some. On this page you'll be caching the Android that makes your avatar, the star that makes mine, any pictures over on the right, etc. If you go here on your phone, then sync all pictures, those will get synced too. (The phone can put them in a folder that's marked so that apps like Gallery don't see them, but syncing ignores that marking.)

Just copy the pictures you want copied. You can't be taking that many every day.

ellie2cats

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi mgme,

Did you ever solve this problem as I have the same issue (which only started recently?!) and it's driving me mad! I'd welcome any help you can offer please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo