Samsung Ace Style Screen not working?

BrianStory97

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Recently, I've only had my Samsung Ace Style for about a week and a half. I have installed a lot of apps on it. But now, the screen shows me nothing. Sounds and touch functions still work, just i can't see what i'm doing. The screen is always black but i can hear sounds and it registers what i'm doing. Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've already tried a reboot, correct? Removing the battery for 10 seconds, then replacing it and powering back on? If the screen is still blank, then it's probably a hardware failure. Is the phone brand new or used? Try bringing it back to where you got it and ask for an exchange or refund.

BrianStory97

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Yeah i've done the reboot, and i tried taking it back to the place of purchase but they wouldn't take it because i don't have the original box it came from. I'd have to call customer service from my provider and send my phone to them and wait to get a new one back.. What i may do is take it to a local store and see if they can fix it. It is brand new aswell. Not even a month old. I was just wondering if there was maybe a way to repair it at home to save me the trip and cost.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a bummer--it's why I usually keep all of the packaging for significant tech purchases for at least a few months!

I couldn't find any do-it-yourself videos on YouTube for replacing the screen on your specific phone. I did find one for the Galaxy Ace, but I'm not sure how similar it is to the Ace Style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60fTdVpuCXQ

BrianStory97

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks i'll try and see if the phones match up! I'll also be sure to keep the packaging for my next tech purchases, you've been alot of help thanks again.