Why is my phone rebooting while installing (or updating) apps?

Elie Najem

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Phone rebooting while installing (or updating) apps

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 (GT-S7270).
It's been working fine for a while, but recently, it developed a strange and very annoying habit of rebooting when I'm installing or updating apps. The problem doesn't happen all the time, but the frequency is alarming.

Some apps never succeed in installing, no matter how many times I try (facebook, Clean Master...).
Other apps needed a few retries after each reboot to finally install them (messenger, viber...).
Some apps install or update without problems at times.
If the phone reboots when updating a new app, the app disappears afterwards, and re-installing it might not work on the first try.

I do all my app business via the official "Play Store" app. The app always finishes downloading, then begins installation, after which the screen turns black and the Samsung logo appears, declaring a reboot.

I tried resetting my mobile to factory settings; twice. But the problem persisted.
I just can't figure out the reason. I tried removing the battery, removing the SD card, switching between wifi and data internet, but the phone kept rebooting.

Anybody got a clue why this is happening, and if there's anything I can do about it???

Thanks a lot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone rebooting while installing (or updating) apps

Welcome to Android Central! Perhaps there's some app you keep installing that causes the instability. You might consider another factory reset, then after finishing the Setup Wizard, immediately go to the Play Store to stop any installations that might have started automatically. Now start installing your apps one by one, waiting a little bit between installations, and noting carefully which ones you've installed. If the problem recurs, then focus on the app you just installed, and uninstall it. Now see if the problem persists.