Chrome update 40.0.2214.89 removes mobile bookmarks

tommiyau

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I hope some one can help me here. Normally on my S4 I had the choice of my bookmarks being desktop, mobile or other. I always had a small set of bookmarks for mobile that where much more managable.

Along came chrome 40.0.2214.89 and now this choice seems to be completely removed? In fact when I look at my bookmarks it now seems to default to my desktop bookmarks and not my mobile bookmarks. When I bring up bookmark I effectively now get a menu down the left side of the screen and I can see desktop bookmarks in there but there is no old "moble" book marks. If I log into my google account on my pc the old mobile bookmarks are present. Seems they are simply no longer available to android chrome??? any one help me I really don;t want to see my 2000 bookmarks on a 5 inch device.

Hoping others have seen this and fixed it else its off with chrome and onto dolphin i think.

tommiyau

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
rollback to 39.0.2171.93 and mobile bookmarks return. Seems either google has a strategy for killing mobile bookmarks or 40.0.2214.89 is full of bugs.

tommiyau

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
After alot of rolling forward and backwards the simpliest answer is that any bookmarks within the 'Mobile Bookmark' folder prior to 40.0.2214.89 end up appearing in the new 'Uncategorized' folder. Noting that anything that appears in a root and not in a folder also ends up in this folder it means you can have thousand of entries here. So if you want to see your mobile bookmarks after the upgrade to 40.0.2214 the best option is to move them all to another folder called 'Mobile Bookmarks' underneath the already existing 'Mobile Bookmarks' folder. ie. Bookmarks->Mobile Bookmarks-> Mobile Bookmarks.

While this seems odd after the upgrade all you get to see is the second 'Mobile Bookmarks' and at least you now have your previous references in one place ratgher than being mixed in with thousands of others that google some how classify.

Now, I want the bookmarks to return to a list rather than a little colur square that takes up half of the width of the real estate thats on the device and deoesn't show any usefule information. So what if I get a pink or green coloured square that says the first part of a bookmark name. I simply want a list as it provides more then 4 boxes on a screen and makes it easier to select on a mobile. Google seems to have forgotten this is a mobile device in this upgrade. Too much trying to look like windows 8.

tommiyau

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
chrome://flags, search for Enable Enhanced Bookmarks, and disable it, then restart.

Restores the bookmarks to normal...well what i call normal....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87