Why have my buttons stopped working?

Alexis Johnson2

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
my buttons aren't working

I have the Motorola droid RAZR maxx . I dropped it one time and the screen cracked . now my power button and volume button work fine but the home button, back button, and the button with two little boxes on the bottom of screen are unresponsive . they will not work . I have tried rebooting my phone and doing a factory reset and nothing is working. Anyone know how to fix it??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: my buttons aren't working

When it cracked it probably damaged the portion of the display that covers those buttons. Even if it didn't crack directly over or around those it can still have an over all effect.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: my buttons aren't working

So is there any way I can fix it?
Sounds like the digitizer was damaged and only way to resolve it is have it replaced. Normally you do both, display glass and digitizer whenever you crack it open. Makes no sense to replace one and go through the hassle of putting it back together to find out the other was damaged.

Options: Pay your carrier warranty to have it replaced, 3rd party store/shop or study the many online videos and resources and order the parts and try it yourself if your handy with these types of things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney