This 'app' is inside a package called "Google Play Services" (or just 'Google Services' and you can find it in mobile data usage), and works in the same process that others in this pack.

They are:
    - Google contact manager,
    - Google contacts sync,
    - Google services framework,
    - Google play services,
    - Google Backup Transport.

It's the Android Backup Service and, as 'Android Developers' says, "...users can disable data backup functionality through the Android system's privacy settings." (search for "Android Backup Service" in developer dot android dot com - User Privacy section). I've did it, but continues drain my mobile data (sometimes ~8MB a day).

Until now, the only way I've found to stop him in mobile networks is restricting background data for Google Play Services / Google Services (package) in mobile usage menu but, doing this, a lot of google notifications and other features stopped to work too.

Ps.: My xt1097 is non rooted, just because I don't want to lost the warranty.
    03-24-2015 07:38 AM
    Settings -> Backup & Reset -> there are several radio buttons related to the background backup process.
    03-24-2015 08:56 AM
    Settings -> Backup & Reset -> there are several radio buttons related to the background backup process.
    All unchecked, Leo...
    03-24-2015 09:09 AM
    I have the same issue. Google Backup Transport is KILLING my data. But ONLY over the last month. Over 1.7GB in the background on mobile data.
    07-21-2015 08:42 AM
    Did you find a solution to the problem? For me, the Google backup transfer services consume tons of MB. The highlight was 600mb in one day ...
    10-05-2018 03:51 PM
    Did you find a solution to the problem? For me, the Google backup transfer services consume tons of MB. The highlight was 600mb in one day ...
    I use two aps to limit my data - DataEye and Automatic Data Disable.

DataEye can shut cut off any aps from mobile data access and/or WiFi data access.

ADD can simply shut off mobile data and/or wifi data when your screen is off.

Only ADD needs root access. DataEye is sufficient to deny data access to any ap you choose, even the system aps such as Google Backup Transport.

I strongly recommend you root your phone. And you can always unroot it if you need to warranty your phone.
    11-05-2018 01:27 PM
    I use two aps to limit my data. DataEye and Automatic Data Disable.

DataEye can shut cut off any aps from mobile data access and/or WiFi data access.

ADD can simply shut off mobile data and/or wifi data when your screen is off.

Only ADD needs root access. DataEye is sufficient to deny data access to any ap you choose, even the system aps such as Google Backup Transport.

I strongly recommend you root your phone. And you can always unroot it if you need to warranty your phone.

Btw, I installed DataEye only this morning. And within the last hour, it already denied 1500 Google Backup Transport attempts to connect to the Internet.
    11-05-2018 01:32 PM