YouTube app sound is delayed. How to fix it?

Kirito Kirigaya1

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, but go to Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer, or vice-versa. Now see if the problem persists.

My probably is I can't find that on my galaxy s7, any answers for that?

Leena Nguyen

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi the YouTube app will always pause at a frame but the audio will keep playing after a few seconds the video starts playing and it is perpetually in lag.

I'm using a Moto G Play. I've read the previous posts.
- did the developer thing and forced GPU rendering (doesn't have the media thing)
- cleared the cache and data

none of this seems to work can anyone help?

heroswag gaming

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices on Lollipop have the NuPlayer vs. AwesomePlayer setting in Developer Options.

Does the sound only become unsynced when you go to fullscreen mode, or change orientation?

I have a fire tablet with google play on it. The sound is delayed if I'm full screen or not

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a TCL andorid tv and its youtube keeps on stop working whenver its connected to sony dv650 home theatre via bluetooth. what could be the remedy?

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, that's a tough one. It might depend on how current that YouTube app is, and if it's possible to update it.

Guru Viswanathan

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I am having the same issues and I am using OPPO F1f model. I have read the above threads and tapped build number 7 times.however still I have a delay with YouTube. Also there is no media player in my mobile.

Please advise

maakus

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Found the reason for the delay on my Moto G Play - after a full reset and cache wipe, popping back in an SD card as internal memory every video player was still playing in sync. Until I turned on encryption (which is not reversible, sadly) - now all players except of the one built into the Chrome browser delay the audio from video, severely (1 second+). So at least for me that's the cause. My SD card was reported to be slow when formatting it (but it does around 30MB/s), but I cannot imagine that being the reason.

So, solution: don't encrypt your phone.

Android 7.1.1, Patch Level June 2018

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87