My phone's screen goes dim when I watch videos on YT - very annoying!

papeter17

Jun 7, 2023
Visit site
My Samsung S21 Plus goes dim when I play a video on YouTube in portrait or landscape mode.
Sometimes when I touch the screen while the video is playing the brightness is sometimes restored to normal but in most
cases, it doesn't make any difference. It's an intermittent problem. YouTube is the problem.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the YouTube app, or the YouTube website on the browser? If the latter, then switch to the app -- the browser might not be coded to keep the screen awake, even while watching a video (while YouTube is).

papeter17

Jun 7, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the YouTube app, or the YouTube website on the browser? If the latter, then switch to the app -- the browser might not be coded to keep the screen awake, even while watching a video (while YouTube is).

I am using the app which I downloaded a long time ago. When I bought this phone I transferred everything across but didn't have a problem with the previous model. I'll keep an eye, if it happens again I will delete and re-install to my phone. Thanks for the tip, much appreciado.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I misread your original post -- I thought the screen was completely going to sleep, rather than just going dim.

Any power-saving modes turned on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d