Need Help Choosing Android Phone, PLEASE HELP!

dv310p3r

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Happy New Year Everyone!

I am fishing for suggestions on a new cellphone, here are my needs and wants:

- No contract carrier
- Android phone
- Good camera (video and photo)
- Functional eReader (I enjoy Gutenberg Project books)
- $300 to $400 budget
- iPhone like touch responsiveness
- WiFi
- GPS

Here's some background on my situation. I really want an android phone, but I find the ones that are on Metro PCS lackluster for my needs. I just purchased the new Huawaie Ascend phone for my wife and you can certainly tell it's a $100 phone. It's got shoddy touch sensitivity, it lags, I mean it is what I expected. It's a perfectly good phone for my wife, but not me. I'm a bit more of a power user than she is.

My friend has his iPhone 3GS ported over to Simple Talk and he's paying $60 a month for unlimited everything. I was thinking of getting a 3GS and doing the same thing. BUT I HATE APPLE AND EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR. I would be a trader to my own kind of I went in that direction. So I am trying to avoid it at all costs.

I am not familiar with the Android line of phones so I don't know which ones can be bought and ported to other 3rd tier carriers like Simple Talk, Boost, Metro PCS, etc...

Please suggest a few phones so that I may begin my research on the right foot. Also, please feel free to provide any education material you can.

You'll be helping me avoid the iPhone.

Thank you,

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Droid X is an awesome phone 9best I've owned so far), and you can get it without a contract for full price. I have no idea if it will work on another network, but you could check with Verizon to see if they have a no contract service deal. I know they have a 1 year deal that would also drop the price of the phone.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon does have prepaid plans that also work with smartphones now...go on the website and you can take a look at the different plans.