I've searched the Web but maybe I am not using the right keywords so sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm currently on the latest android on galaxy s5 and as of today whenever I try to stream or play a video on my phone, I get no buttons such as play/pause or the progress( right word? ) bar. I simply have the video playing and that is it.
    It plays as normal and ends as normal, I can also exit as normal, just no playback controls.

I've tried uninstalling the one app I downloaded since yesterday, cleared the cache and data for the video player, I have restarted the phone and now I'm all out of ideas.

Can anyone please help me as this is doing my head in!

Thanks
    06-06-2015 07:01 PM
    I've searched the Web but maybe I am not using the right keywords so sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm currently on the latest android on galaxy s5 and as of today whenever I try to stream or play a video on my phone, I get no buttons such as play/pause or the progress( right word? ) bar. I simply have the video playing and that is it.
    It plays as normal and ends as normal, I can also exit as normal, just no playback controls.

I've tried uninstalling the one app I downloaded since yesterday, cleared the cache and data for the video player, I have restarted the phone and now I'm all out of ideas.

Can anyone please help me as this is doing my head in!

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central!

Does the video app give you an option to uninstall updates?
    06-10-2015 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

No unfortunately it does not.

So far I've found if i press the lock button on my phone when the video is playing and then press it again I get the controls back.

Unfortunately I have to do this every time I want the controls.
    06-11-2015 09:21 AM