My car no longer has Bluetooth it disappeared. How can I put it back?

A

AC Question

My car no longer has Bluetooth it disappeared.

The Bluetooth capacity in my car is gone! I was told by the dealership that it's a software issue and I need a whole new radio for $1200.00 WTF has this ever happened to anyone? I have a Samsung Galaxy phone never had a problem connecting to my car's Bluetooth but it's gone!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My car no longer has Bluetooth it disappeared.

Welcome to Android Central! Which car? Is this a factory-installed system, or an aftermarket one? How old is the car? Did you ask why this isn't covered by warranty (unless the car is really old)?

It seems wrong for the car company to mess up their own system, then tell you to buy a whole new system--especially since there's a safety issue involved (i.e., being able to use your phone hands-free). If they're not very helpful, it's the kind of thing I'd talk to Consumer Reports about, or some similar consumer protection entity.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: My car no longer has Bluetooth it disappeared.

If it's not covered under warranty, it may just be easier to replace the stereo with an aftermarket one. It would be much cheaper and probably have more features than the OEM unit. DIY installation isn't that hard in most cases, but I'd rather pay for aftermarket installation on something I want instead of the way over priced OEM stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty