How to permanently disable google assistant and stop it from turning itself back on oppo ax5

gomaa

Mar 28, 2024
Visit site
I cant get rid of google assistant on my phone, I've turned it off in my google app settings and it turns itself back on, I've turned it off on my phones default app settings and it turns itself back on, I've uninstalled all updates on my google app and it updates itself again anyway so google assistant can start working again even though I disabled auto updates just to try to make the thing stop popping up. Even at the times it's still turned off, it keeps popping up anyway telling me to turn it on. When it turns itself back on I don't even get a pop up or anything, it just does quietly by itself. It's making my phone unusable
It's something to do with my headphones as far as I can tell, I've seen people say that you need to get better headphones for that to stop being an issue but I cant afford anything other than what I've got. It was also still an issue when I had bluetooth headphones in the past so its more than just the headphone jack.
If anyone knows what to do please let me know this **** is driving me insane, I never wanted google assistant and I've never used it once (intentionally! It keeps setting random timers on my phone without me even realizing until they go off and once in the middle of the night it popped up and asked if i wanted to call someone on my contacts list and before I could react it started calling with absolutely no input from me at all. This is when I disabled all permissions lol). Pls help

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

So, did you go to Google App - Settings - Google Assistant - then General and turn off there? Just to be clear.

There's also a Wired Headphones switch under Google Assistant - Devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000