Why aren't my Moto Display Proximity sensors not working after the Lollipop update on my Droid Turbo - Verizon?

A

AC Question

Moto Display Proximity sensors not working after Lollipop update on Droid Turbo - Verizon

The "wave to wake" feature or "approach" no longer works. Yes, I made sure ambient display was OFF and Moto Display was ON. I even tried bumping the phone and shaking it. Other Moto features work fine (chop for flashlight, twist for camera, wave to silence calls and alarms).

I cleared the partition cache, but that did not fix it. I reviewed the Turbo Lollipop release page. I only found people that had issues with the motion sensors not being as sensitive. My sensors are totally unresponsive.

Is there a way to fix this? I really liked that feature, quite possibly my favorite thing about this phone.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto Display Proximity sensors not working after Lollipop update on Droid Turbo - Verizon

The "wave to wake" feature or "approach" no longer works. Yes, I made sure ambient display was OFF and Moto Display was ON. I even tried bumping the phone and shaking it. Other Moto features work fine (chop for flashlight, twist for camera, wave to silence calls and alarms).

I cleared the partition cache, but that did not fix it. I reviewed the Turbo Lollipop release page. I only found people that had issues with the motion sensors not being as sensitive. My sensors are totally unresponsive.

Is there a way to fix this? I really liked that feature, quite possibly my favorite thing about this phone.

Welcome to Android Central!

You might need to do a factory reset. A lot of people have had a ton of issues after they updated to Lollipop. Most of those issues are usually fixed after a factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87