How do I avoid drive by malware?

A

AC Question

How to avoid drive by malware

I'm considering rooting, but I want to find a method to safe browse, as I've had viruses on my pc before simply by visiting a site. Adding web of trust to my pc helped me immensely to avoid clicking on shady sites. However, there is no web of trust that I am aware of for android. Thus, with a rooted phone, how do you stay away from malicious sites? I know chrome browser has that safe browsing feature when you enable data saver, but I have not once ever had it warn me of any malicious sites. I've visited sites WOT reports as malicious and still receive no warnings. Am I doing something wrong?

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to avoid drive by malware

You can use Fiirefox & install certain add-ons. I use adblock (does a good of blocking ads), force HTPS, Ghostery (blocks anyone tracking you) plus several more (not related to you concern). Google makes there $ from advertising, so these add-ons are not on Play Store or Chrome store for mobile (are for desk top). You can go to Mozilla.org (parent co. of Firefox) to get them. I don't have WOT on my tablet, but do on both computers on all brosers I use.