I have too much memory but could not download any thing in Micromax A120. Why do I keep getting an error message that says insufficient internal memor

A

AC Question

i have too much memory but could not download any thing in Micromax A120

I have Micromax A120, good phone but now cannot download, i have internal memory 5GB available and external 12GB, but still i cannot update any apps nor i can download any thing, when i do that i get msg that insufficient internal memory.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have too much memory but could not download any thing in Micromax A120

Internal memory (that's where downloads go) is partitioned into a few different areas - differently on different phones. According to the specs, you should have a total of 4GB or internal storage, most of it used by Android, so you can't load many apps on that phone.

If you want more space, get a large microUSB card (I recommend SanDisk - they cost a little more, but if you ever have a problem [the only one I ever had - and I've been buying their products since before they were called SanDisk - was a microSD card I broke by being clumsy], they're a web browser away - you do a live chat, they give you instructions and they replace the card if they can't get it working online by telling you to do things) it's worth the few bucks. Your phone can support up to 32GB. Then run External 2 Internal SD (Root) (you have to be rooted, whether you run the app or change the file by hand if you understand Linux) and your 'internal' storage for apps is your external SD card. (You can use your current card - it looks as if you're probably using a 16GB card.)

If you do this, MAKE CERTAIN that you always keep a current backup of everything (see Backing up an Android Device) - SD cards don't use the same technology as the internal storage does, and constantly writing to them (which the phone does) can cause a failure sooner than you want to replace the phone. If everything is backed up, it's just a new card and a couple of hours of work. If you're not backed up it's goodbye pictures, songs, videos, etc. (Keep a copy of the entire backup in the cloud - Mega gives you 50GB free - so even if your phone and hard drive go bad at the same time, you still have a backup. [If the Eastern hemisphere (Mega is in New Zealand) "goes bad" you'll have bigger problems than backups - like breathing vacuum.])

Christopher Poblete

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Most of internla memory is used by Android with its Apps, one thing ou could do is unistalling updates of Apps you don't use. I did this and I got free 500 mb that were being used unnecessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty