Why can't I only use 4G and LTE on my phone?

A

AC Question

I can only use 4G and Lte on my phone

I have searched the web but it seems like im the only one with this issue. My phone can only use 4g signals which is LTE/WCDMA/GSM I have asked the store I bought it from but they havent heard of this before. My phone wont switch over to 3g or 2g. Its either 4g/lte or nothing with my phone. Its a Samsung Galaxy Light, maybe I got a bad phone idk. A factory reset didnt work so Im at a loss or im missing something. I may need to buy another phone if this is unfixable.
Also you may wonder why i want lower network speeds. simple I live in a **** area that I get signal on rare occasions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can only use 4G and Lte on my phone

Welcome to Android Central! One workaround is to go to Settings>Connections>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode, and select WCDMA/GSM (Auto Connect), which forces 2G/3G only. Of course, you won't be able to connect to LTE at all with this setting.

Also, which carrier are you on? Check to make sure your APN settings are correct--you can usually find them on the web by searching for "[your carrier] APN settings."