Samsung Galaxy S10e no signal

nikosts

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
I bought a Samsung galaxy s10 e refurbished with snapdragon processor on ebay 2 years ago.I didn't have phone signal in my city and phone would only work if wifi calling option was on and I was connected to wifi,if I was in another city it'd work
A week I changed phone isp and got new sim but it only works in 2g mode and I have to go outside for it to work for example I have to go to the balcony for it to work.
If I enable 4g and go at the balcony It shows vol lte and lte,I have signal but people can't hear me when I call and I also don't have data connection even if it shows lte with 4 or 5 bars of signal
I can only make calls when I change the phone options to use GSM 2g only
Everything else about this phone is perfect and I don't want to buy a new one but if I can't fix it somehow I'll have to do that.
Any ideas what to do?I have watched a lot of YouTube videos even contacted isp and followed the steps they gave me and it didn't fix the problems

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model number (in Setting>About Phone, and which carrier in which country are you using?

Have you checked to make sure your APN is correct for your carrier?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

nikosts

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model number (in Setting>About Phone, and which carrier in which country are you using?

Have you checked to make sure your APN is correct for your carrier?
Model number : SM-970U1
I in Greece and the carrier is Nova
Yes apn is correct,the carried told me to use what I use now

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That model number is the US variant, so even though it supports the proper 4G bands used by Nova, I wonder if that might still cause issues. It might be worth flashing the firmware appropriate for your country. Let me see if @mustang7757 has any ideas about this.

nikosts

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
That model number is the US variant, so even though it supports the proper 4G bands used by Nova, I wonder if that might still cause issues. It might be worth flashing the firmware appropriate for your country. Let me see if @mustang7757 has any ideas about this.
Where and how can I install the firmware? I haven't done that before

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Where and how can I install the firmware? I haven't done that before
Unfortunately flashing a US version to another country firmware is Not possible, good news you are on the Unlock firmware from US but you should go to the place so they can see your device and input the APN

nikosts

Nov 15, 2023
Visit site
Unfortunately flashing a US version to another country firmware is Not possible, good news you are on the Unlock firmware from US but you should go to the place so they can see your device and input the APN
I see but I already contacted my carrier and they told me apn settings are ok

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
See if this helps