What is a good device for $50?

A

AC Question

Picking a device

Hello,

I have a 50$ budget for the phone itself (tax+shipping separate) and I must get it from Amazon. I plan on using it as a wifi device, to play music and games (FF:RK, FFV/VI) on, and nothing more. Something I'd prefer is external memory support, as I plan to load it with lots of music, but finding that in a budget seems to be near impossible so it isn't exactly a "must have".

So I have some questions:

1. Are the BLU devices any good? I hear they are great budget phones with external memory support (which is a plus for me). I'm specifically looking at the "BLU Advance 4.0 Unlocked Cellphone -Black". The feedback on the page has 62% rating on 5 stars and 9% on the lowest star. The only complaint I see for it is that you need to hold it a certain angle to even see the screen--which is obviously a worthy complaint of course..

2. Since external memory is something I prefer, would it be a wise decision to get a Moto E 1st Gen with external memory over a Moto G prepaid device that is limited to 8GB?*

3. What does a "hard reset" do for Android? I was told if I get the Moto E or G that I should hard reset it for optimal performance (Best Buy employee). Is there any truth to that and if so, how would I hard reset them?

Thank you for reading!

*I have wanted a Moto phone since forever

iBurntSherbert

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
A BLU device may be a good starter phone for a child, but if you are an adult, I wouldn't recommend it. I've had personal experience with a Moto G, and it is a very good overall phone. A Moto E has the same storage capabilities, so I'm not sure what you mean there. Not sure about a "hard reset". 50$ is hardly enough for any smartphone, so you might want to venture out into the 100-200$ range if you want a decent phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87