Water damaged phone is working again, what should I do?

stupidmop

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
On Tuesday my Verizon Moto X 2013 fell out of my shirt pocket and slid into some water in my sink. I immediately retrieved the phone, wiped it off and shut it down. After letting it sit in a bag of rice for about 6 hours I decided to try turning it on. To my surprise it did turn on, but I had a "No SIM card" error and I wasn't getting any voice/data signal. I went over to Verizon to see if replacing the SIM card would do the trick, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. Guessing that something else was wrong, I decided to embark on the Asurion replacement process. Last night I placed my order for a Moto X 2014 as a replacement for $99, which is currently in transit to my location. This morning when I got to work I charged up my non-working phone and once it was fully charged I turned it on. To my shock, the phone seems to be working now. I've tested phone calls, data, etc.. everything seems to be functioning fine. Has anyone ever had something like this happen? Any thoughts if I should stick with my phone or if there's a good likely hood that it will fail again? I could just take the new phone, but what happens when Asurion gets the phone and it doesn't seem to be broken?

Thanks in advance!
-Stu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa