How can I get my front camera working?

Neeldin

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Front camera not working

Hi friends
I m having Micromax canvas xl2 A109. Front camera stopped working when I click on the icon of front camera mobile screen freezes and after some sec it's gives an error message ( unfortunately the gallery has stopped)
I have done factory reset also but of no use camera problem remains the same

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Front camera not working

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Neeldin

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Hi thanks for the reply I rebooted my phone and started in safe mode but front camera is not operating may ur right it may be hardware problem

Last edited by a moderator: