I know a bit about this, but I'm no expert.

As I understand it, the 'cache' is where temporary data is stored so that it can be accessed again quickly. So it saves certain commands/web pages etc to a file so the device doesn't have to download them all again from scratch if you want to look at the same page again. The point of things being stored in the cache is to make it quicker to access them again, so clearing the cache will actually slow down your phone.

I understand this bit, but then it got me thinking about data usage... If you are regularly clearing the cache on your phone surely it will use more data as the device will have to download the whole of the web page again rather than being able to access some of it from cache.

Am I right?
    11-05-2015 02:30 AM
    Yep, that's about right. This extra data usage will be specially bigger with apps heavy on pics for example. All those thumbnails that you see when you open the app have to be created again after you cleared the cache. You can take a look at this guide.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=558872
    11-05-2015 05:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply, that was a very useful article.

I used to have a cleaning app on my phone that I learned was actually slowing my phone down, but now I know that it was actually using more of my data allowance too!
    cms177 and Javier P like this.
    11-06-2015 02:39 AM