Youtube app not opening links after lollipop update?

Jinzetsu

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy alpha and I upgraded from kitkat 4.4.4 to lollipop 5.0.2 and ever since then the problems have started.
The most annoying one is that youtube links opened perfectly on the youtube app when i clicked them before on kitkat. Ever since the upgrade every time a google search returns a video link (or just any youtube video link in general with the youtube app icon) i click it and get an error. "This web page is not available" When i click more i get the error code "ERR_UNKOWN_URL_SCHEME". I tried clearing data for internet browser and youtube app and even did a factory reset but the error still persists. I am using the stock browser by the way. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

thephatee01

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy alpha and I upgraded from kitkat 4.4.4 to lollipop 5.0.2 and ever since then the problems have started.
The most annoying one is that youtube links opened perfectly on the youtube app when i clicked them before on kitkat. Ever since the upgrade every time a google search returns a video link (or just any youtube video link in general with the youtube app icon) i click it and get an error. "This web page is not available" When i click more i get the error code "ERR_UNKOWN_URL_SCHEME". I tried clearing data for internet browser and youtube app and even did a factory reset but the error still persists. I am using the stock browser by the way. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

thephatee01

May 31, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue. I found that if u long press the link and click on 'open in new tab' it works. Problem seems to b in the settings with java. When u turn it off u will b able to click the link an b taken to youtube, however, without java most Web pages won't load properly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress