Hi,
    my power button is sometimes hard to press, it is not working so good, so, I used IDE terminal in my android kitkat to shutdown my phone. I used next commands:

su # to become root
    shutdown -k

I saw it is switching off, but during shutdown, phone is not totally shut down than there is still the name of the phone on the screen and it is frozen. I can press power button how much I want, no result, I tried to press it in the same time with volume button, no result.

so, this is not about locked pattern, about working phone so I could install app for changing power button to volume button, this is frozen android software, I can't start it, when I use USB cable, computer doesn't recognize the phone, so, battery is not charging. I don't have ac adapter, I use USB to charge it. but battery is not totally empty, battery was 34% full when I tried to shutdown the phone.
    01-17-2016 05:03 AM
    Hi,
    my power button is sometimes hard to press, it is not working so good, so, I used IDE terminal in my android kitkat to shutdown my phone. I used next commands:

su # to become root
    shutdown -k

I saw it is switching off, but during shutdown, phone is not totally shut down than there is still the name of the phone on the screen and it is frozen. I can press power button how much I want, no result, I tried to press it in the same time with volume button, no result.

so, this is not about locked pattern, about working phone so I could install app for changing power button to volume button, this is frozen android software, I can't start it, when I use USB cable, computer doesn't recognize the phone, so, battery is not charging. I don't have ac adapter, I use USB to charge it. but battery is not totally empty, battery was 34% full when I tried to shutdown the phone.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Which phone do you have? Are you able to pull the battery?
    01-22-2016 07:38 AM