How do I reset my Alcatel Pop icon as a media device when attached to my computer?

A

AC Question

How to reset alcatel pop icon as a media device when attached to my computer?

When I would attach it to my dell (Win 10) with a mini-usb, I use to have a pop up that asked if I wanted to use as a media device or recharge. Always chose media device, except the last time. Now the pop up doesn't come up, and it's stuck in recharge mode. Anyway to reset that option?? Thx! Also I tried using Bluetooth and the dell doesn't recognize the phone, the phone recognizes the laptop... any help there?? thx again!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to reset alcatel pop icon as a media device when attached to my computer?

Welcome to Android Central! When it's plugged into the laptop, do you see a USB notification icon when you swipe the notification panel down? If so, tap it and tap Media Device or MTP there.

If you don't see it at all, check the microUSB port to look for debris or damaged pins. If it looks ok, try a different USB cable, since cables can fail--it's possible that the wires in the cable responsible for data transfer broke, while the charging wires are intact.

robertme

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
:) Very good, I tried a different (original) cord and all is well! Now, how about getting my computer to recognize my phone with Bluetooth?? Thx! Robert M.

robertme

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
yes, connects with other things (smart watch and speaker bar), I think the issue is with the laptop? can't connect laptop to those other devices... any ideas? never really used the bluetooth on the laptop, upgraded to Win10 awhile ago...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, so you can't connect the laptop to the Bluetooth speakers either? Let's back up for a second--are you certain the Bluetooth radio on the laptop is turned on? If it's turned on, then also make sure the Bluetooth drivers are up to date (both through Windows Update and also any manufacturer update program that might be installed on the laptop).

robertme

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok, updated software from intel, then I found that my phone was set to "only visible to paired devices", so I set it to "visible to all devices", and it works! it connected to laptop... cool... then I read instructions to connect to speaker, had to hold button on speaker for 3 seconds, now that works too! Thx.... {8-D&-)=\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty