Installation blocked for suspicious apps keep popping on my phone

Laura Popa

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
A couple of days ago I started getting these messages whenever i try to do something on my phone (write a message, go on facebook, call someone) so it's really annoying because they keep poppin' every 3 minutes : 'INSTALL BLOCKED. For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources.' The blocking installation is for apps that i have never heard of such as: APUS, Bubble Sea Saga, Fruit Defenser etc. I don't want to modify my phone settings because these apps may be a virus and i don't want them. I mention the fact that i installed apps on my phone from Play Store only.
I did a factory reset and i installed back on my phone all the apps. All went well for a day and a half, and now i'm starting to get the INSTALL BLOCKED message again. Rarely at first, but now more often with every hour.
I don't know what could be the problem. I don't have any suspicious app installed on my phone. All of them are from Play Store. I also did an antivirus scan and nothing was found.
What else can i do? I don't want to send my phone into the service for 2 weeks (as the company from where i bought the phone suggested).
Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Don't turn on the Unknown Sources option to allow those apps to install. I would guess that either something you installed from Google Play Store also had some adware or malware hidden in it, or it got onto your phone some other way (like maybe from some spam text message).

Try doing another factory reset, then as soon as you're done with the Setup Wizard, go immediately to the Play Store and stop any app from installing automatically. Then wait a bit to see if the installation blocks recur. If they don't, start installing your apps one by one, watching for this behavior again.

Laura Popa

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much for your reply. I did another factory reset as you suggested and i stopped the apps from installing. I only installed a couple of them (without the games i have installed recently) but i got the installation block popup again. I started deleting them one by one (since they are not many) then restarting my phone after each delete to 'catch' the 'bad' app.
Thank you again for your advice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you get the block popup if you don't install anything at all? Maybe give it a day without installing anything, and see if you get that popup again.

Laura Popa

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I don't get the block popup if i don't install anything. I didn't resist a day without any new app installed on it. :p
I only installed Facebook and Whatsapp since i can not resist without them and i started getting the popups. It's been a month and i still havent resolved this. I think im going to send my phone back to the company to fix it.