I've searched the forums and can't find an existing thread on this forum for this problem, however I doubt that I'm the first this has happened to.

I have trouble logging into the youtube app on my Droid. Unless I link my youtube account with my gmail account I can't log into the app.

That would be fine and dandy with me, however, the application will NOT remember my login data, so even though I'm already logged in, every single time I try to upload a video, it asks me AGAIN for my login information. It's a little tiring typing the e-mail address and password over and over and over and over again. The app is practically worthless, as I can stay logged in via the browser just fine.

I tried unlinking the youtube account from the gmail account, but the application would not accept my password, even though it's the same password that works just fine in a browser. I've noticed that the app automatically adds @youtube.com to the end of my account name, and if I try to log in with @youtube.com after my account name in the browser, it won't work, so I imagine that's why the app isn't working.

So...

Can anyone tell me either:
    1. How to make the app remember my login credentials ie username@gmail.com and password

or

2. How to make the app stop adding "@youtube.com" to my account name so I can login with my youtube username and password

Any input would be appreciated, because the app is broken, and I can't find any official Google/Android/Youtube help on this.
    02-21-2010 11:53 AM
    Other than asking me to log in for practically every action, the youtube app functions well. I've managed to upload four videos successfully, but it asked me to log in each time, though I was already logged in.
    02-21-2010 09:56 PM
    I just had a thought. My theory is that since my the droid youtube app stores its logon credentials in the same place as it stores the credentials for my gmail account, that it can't remember my youtube info with @gmail.com at the end, because that account already exists in memory. It's set to automatically sync, and I'm afraid I'll lose all my contact information if I delete and try to re-add this account.

Surely someone has a workaround for this. It has got to be a common problem.
    02-21-2010 10:20 PM
    Still haven't found a solution for this
    03-02-2010 08:54 AM
    Today, I open my youtube app on android which was still already logged in under my e-mailaddress@gmail.com and which was still making me RE login every time I wanted to post a video. I logged off, and, once again, typed in my youtube username and password, and suddenly it's working fine!

The issue just magically resolved itself. I'm not sure what changed, whether google needed time on its end to fully link my youtube account with my google profile, or whether there was something else on their end going on which they just needed time to fix.

BUT IT WORKS!

Droid users everywhere can rejoice that the built in youtube app finally works!
    03-05-2010 04:05 PM
    Glad you got it to work. I would've helped but I don't have a Droid and my MyTouch remembered my Youtube account after the first time I entered it. It's also separate from my gmail.
    03-05-2010 07:42 PM
    New EVO.

This issue also poses an even larger problem if you have multiple gmail accounts. When I go to upload a video to youtube, My primary account isn't listed as an option to upload to, and there's no menu option or other way to tell it to connect to that account (even if I log into that account on the youtube app, and try selecting the option to upload from there and it still default to one of my other gmail accounts on the upload screen and doesn't give me the option to select the primary account). The only way to get it to work is to remove the other gmail accounts from the device, then select upload and it will prompt for me to log in (every time) to upload.

This is an epic fail on Android's part.
    07-14-2010 05:33 PM
    Try downloading YouTube from market again without uninstalling the current version.
    11-17-2010 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD