My phone shut down itself and optimizing app all the time.

idkwtn

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I bought the DOOGEE x5 pro (Android 5.1) and the last month it shut down itself all the time.Then sometimes I can't turn it on and I have to remove the battery and put it back again(so I can turn on the phone regularly).

Also, almost always after the shut down the battery percentage decreases. For example if the battery percentage is 60% , after the shut down it goes to 1% or 18% etc.Also I think(but I am not sure) that it takes more time to charge the battery than the regular.

Furthermore, sometimes when I turn on the phone(after the shut down that the phone did) I get the following message:

"Android is Starting"
"Optimizing App x of xxx"

So I get this message like 1-4 times per day and I have to wait for the optimization.
I tried to reset my phone on factory settings but it didn't work.
I thought that the problem was on battery but because of the "optimization" that it does all the time I guess that it maybe not.
How can I fix it?
Can this problem be only from the battery?

Any help is going to be appreciated.
Thanks for your time. :)

p.s.1 : I noticed that when I am playing games, it shut down more often.
p.s.2 : Sorry for my bad english :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My guess is it's the battery simply going bad. Without getting into the technical details, it basically has lost capacity and also can't keep up with the demands of the system (especially with gaming). This is why it shuts off early and shows a nearly empty percentage when you do reboot, and also why it takes longer to charge. If it's a removable battery, then try getting a replacement. If it's sealed, then you may have to send it in for replacement or see if there's a shop near you that can.

I think the optimizing apps notice is not really indicating anything specific. When Android is shut off unexpectedly without going through the proper shutdown procedure, it will sometimes go through the optimizing apps process the next time it's turned on. I wouldn't worry about this right now because I have a feeling it'll go away when you replace the battery or do whatever else is needed to solve that issue first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac