Comparison Chart: Xoom, Transformer, Galaxy, TouchPad

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is Phil Nickinson's review for Android Central: ASUS EeePad Transformer review.

Here is the answer about Honeycomb:
The EeePad Transformer runs Android 3.0.1 Honeycomb, the Google's tablet version of Android. It's largely unskinned -- the stock Google apps all look as we've come to know them on Honeycomb. The buttons in the System Bar -- back, home and multitasking -- are customized and have a much softer feel than the Tron-like buttons in stock Honeycomb.
It has SD and microSD that both work without hacks.

The right-and bezel has the 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack, microphone, mini HDMI port for high-definition output, and a microSD card slot. And unlike the Motorola Xoom's, it actually works. Pop in a microSD card, and it appears as "External storage," or /removable in the file structure. No hacks -- it just works.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Per the ASUS EeePad Transformer pricing and availability:

16GB - $399. 32GB - $499. Optional keyboard dock - $150. Available April 26 in the United States at:
• Amazon
• American TV
• B&H
• BestBuy.com
• BJ's
• Buy.com
• Datavision
• Fry's
• HH Gregg
• J&R
• Micro Center
• Newegg
• OfficeMax.com
• Office Depot
• PC Richards
• Sears.com
• Staples
• Target
• TigerDirect
• Walmart.com

Add a 32GB microSD card for under $60 and a 32GB SD card for under $50 to the $399 base unit + keyboard and you are at 80GB for about $650.

If you are looking at the Transformer, Xoom, and iPad 2 side-by-side, which would you pick?

Does Android now have a game-changing tablet?

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
At target and Walmart?! Well played ASUS
I think that this would have been pretty easy for Asus. They already sell netbooks and laptops at all of these retailers.

If they are smart they will let each retail store only have about 6 a day. With the online sites, tell them to show out os stock by 10 AM. To this day, I am certain that is what HTC is doing with the EVO. They are all still on allotments. There is such magic in the words, "We are sold out of that again but I can put you on the list. We hope to get more tomorrow..."

The way to get someone to want something is to tell them they can't have it.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I am curious to see when all of the tablets get their updates. My main draw to the Xoom is that it is the Google reference device. I hope Samsung can keep their promises about getting the update out in the next few weeks. They have been woefully poor at getting updates out to their phones.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk