Intrusive app using chrome- can't find to uninstall

Bekaness

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to preface this by saying a couple weeks ago as i work for a union, we had information which as part of my job is public information requested by a person who had a easily google-able history of IT related charges. Now. I have an intrusive app on my phone from an anti union source /website (that i do not want to give any more webtraffick to as is filled with disinformation, so I'll not list the site.) it's coming up as a chrome notification, and I've checked my pc and work pc for installed apps, nothing. I've googled the website name and the key words "intrusive app" but it comes back with nothing. This thing is so annoying. How do i get rid of it?

Edit: I've tried already the normal way of uninstalling apps. Its not there.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're getting it as a notification for Chrome, then you (or someone who used a device with Chrome logged into your account) approved the permission for the site to send you push notifications via Chrome. These, however, should be easily removed by going into your Chrome account settings and reviewing which sites have permission to do so. Simply remove the unwanted site (or disable all if you don't want to get any) and you should be OK.

If the notification is not directly from Chrome but a notification in your phone (as an app), then you might have a malware infection. Download a 3rd party app scanner/antivirus and see if that finds any app with Ad Network behavior or malware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo