A few questions

sonofaresiii

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang, bit of a noob... I have a few questions on things (that I'm pretty sure aren't possible, but I figured I'd ask) so instead of making a bunch of new threads... here's just the one!

--using a droid x if it makes a difference--

Okay, skins for widgets. I love the functions of a few particular widgets, but I don't like the skins/icons. Is there ANY way to change what a widget looks like while keeping its function?

For instance: I've got a widget that turns my LED on so I can use my phone like a flashlight. Fantastic, but instead of using the icon that comes with it, maybe I want to make a giant lightbulb or something I can tap. Or better yet, maybe I can put on NO skin and say, have my wallpaper be a wizard? It'd be pretty neat if I could tap the end of the wizard's staff and have my phone LED light up...
(yes I am that kind of nerd)

Moving on: Is there any way to calibrate auto-brightness? I love the idea behind it, but sometimes I find it just gets unnecessarily bright. Maybe I don't want 30% brightness, I can get by just fine with 10%. Is there any way to adjust it to my liking without just manually setting it?

That's all for now... so glad I made the switch from blackberry to android.

Reactions: dragon718

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to modify the look of the widgets... for the most part. You can't for every app that you would like to, but in the "Beautiful Widgets" app, you can change the look of a lot of the applications and widgets (There are multiple reviews on Android Central). I would definitely try that.

Moving on, there is no way that you can manually calibrate the brightness on your phone. However, there are different widgets and applications that you could use for this (they work wonders). I would try Screen Filter or the Brightness Level widget.

Hope this helps.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Power Control Plus is what your looking for.

The Widget comes with about 20-30 controls from airplane mode to wifi on/off. Has a flashlight widget as well as brightness and you can configure the brightness. I have it set for 4 different settings-auto, 10%, 50%, 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa