Overnight battery plummet

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
About a week ago I noticed I'd lose about half my battery overnight, and it's normally less than 10% loss. This is something new and rather immediate, so I don't think the battery itself is the culprit. In my half asleep state upon waking, I keep forgetting to take a screen shot of the stats, so I can't post one yet. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen recently. My wife said a number of people in one of her FB groups started having similar issues across various phones and tablets about the same time. Even her S7 Edge has had this going on.

I'm on an LG V20, but posting in the general help forum since it sounds like something at least somewhat wide spread. I did recently get a system security update through Verizon, but this started happening before the update.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed what is high in the usage stats? I had similar trouble some time ago with an LG G3, though not as bad a drain as yours, and if I recall right it was Android OS. Anyways one of the packages included in that eventually led me to suspect McAfee, a preinstalled app. Looking closer I saw that it was doing a full security scan at a particular time in the early morning, 5.53am or something, though not set to do so by me. Easy fix in my case.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Go figure, now that I'm trying to investigate this, things seem to have resolved twelves. Last night only lost my usual 8% or so.