imap send/receive less than 15 minutes

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am using Gingerbread with the Android mail client. My mail is accessed through IMAP. The shortest send/receive option is 15 minutes, which is too long for me. Is there another setting or application which will offer shorter times?

If I change to POP3, is there an option to leave messages on the server? If so, does that have a shorter send/receive interval available?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
In the CM7 google mail client you cna refresh POP every 5 min. And yes you can set it so it does not delete off the server.

Hope that helps.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I am using Gingerbread with the Android mail client. My mail is accessed through IMAP. The shortest send/receive option is 15 minutes, which is too long for me. Is there another setting or application which will offer shorter times?

If I change to POP3, is there an option to leave messages on the server? If so, does that have a shorter send/receive interval available?
If your account supports IMAP idle then you don't need to poll. New email can be pushed as it's received. In general, if a stock app doesn't meet your needs then try another app.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Stig is correct. 5 min, is about the best you can get, depending on mail servers. Consider the fact that your'e dealing with the unknown. Network traffic, network protocals, and cross changeovers.

Unless you wish to keep logged in, and every 2 seconds hit the "refresh" icon. Not that it will matter. 5 min is a good time.

How many times have you waited for a mail that was sent 10 min ago...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87